logo

Latest Posts

Finding that Unique Happiness..

By 6:18 PM ,

I am a fan of theater.. Going back to my high school days; when Shakespeare was introduced in class, that started my fascination with theater works.. Even tried joining the theater group, not as an actor but as part of the production team..

Anyway, enough of the flashbacks.. It was my first time watching a Trumpets production.. I was really excited when I got an email and be invited to witness "The Bluebird of Happiness".


Happiness.. Where does one find happiness? Is it with the things you buy? boosting career? people you love? It will really depend on how you think of happiness.. But in watching the musical, it will teach you it's not always in material things that happiness can be found. Even the simplest of simplest moments that one could find that much need happiness.. 


Aside from the meaningful message the musical play is sending to the audience, the cast did a wonderful job portraying their roles. My favorite character was Night (Joel Trinidad). I liked his evil-ish role and the in-between comic lines. Second will be Tylette (Lynn Sherman). Both characters added "spice" in the kids' journey in find the Bluebird of Happiness. If not for these two characters, the scenes would be plain and dull.


Production design was awesome! I love the "3D-ish" effects, if I may call it, especially the scene showing 'The House of Luxury'. My first reaction when the lights opened was "WOW!"


Overall, Trumpets "The Bluebird of Happiness" is a must see musical for the whole family..

"The Bluebird of Happiness" opened last September 27, 2013 at the Meralco Theater.. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments