logo

Latest Posts

My Smashing Pumpkins Concert Experience

By 7:25 PM ,

It was a rainy Wednesday and I saw this tweet from @OrangeMagTV if anyone is available to cover the Smashing Pumpkins concert at the Araneta Center. Since I'm already in Ortigas, just chillin' while the rain poured outside, I immediately volunteered myself to do it. And so there is was, I got the slot and prepared to go to Araneta Coliseum.

It was still raining when I arrived at the venue. To my surprise, I saw two (2) of my high school batchmates outside the gate. They too, will watch the concert. No doubt about it, they were once part of the HS school band.


I also saw Ted Claudio of WazupPhilippines inside the concert venue. Quite a few people I saw inside. I started to wonder -- is it because of the rain still? will more fans arrive before the show starts? At around 9:15-ish, people are starting to fill in. The concert started around 9:30-ish.


The Smashing Pumpkins performed every hit after hit. Never letting the energy of the fans tone down. Among the songs they performed were Oceania, Quasar, My Love is Winter, Wildflower and the hit classic I know -- 1979.. As the band performed their last song, the crowd went more 'alive'.. Afterwhich, they shouted "more! more!" The band went back to the stage and performed not only 1-2 songs but almost another set for their fans. The concert ended really late and the audience went home with smiles on their faces. That only showed that they were really happy, satisfied on the outcome of the show.


For myself, it was indeed a hell of a show. None of those foreign acts I've watched before.

Thanks to Araneta Center and Orange Magazine TV for the opportunity.

You Might Also Like

0 comments