logo

Latest Posts

Visita Iglesa 2013: Solo Backpacking Around the Metro

By 2:28 PM ,

Holy week has just passed. Some spent it at the beach/out of town while some just stayed at home, just like me. But part of usual routine during the Holy week is the Visita Iglesia. I was supposed to travel with some photographer friends in Pampanga for that but due the sudden changes of work schedule, I had to do  the Visita Iglesia around the metro.

I somehow planned the churches to visit.. Supposedly will go as far as Makati and Taguig but due to time constrains, I trimmed it down within Mandaluyong, San Juan, and Manila.

First stop was at the Archdiocesan Shrine of the Divine Mercy in Mandaluyong but it seems it was close at that time but stations of the cross were setup with the city hall vicinity. After a few minutes of staying there, I went to my next destination -- San Juan City..

Nice to be back to my hometown ^_^

Second stop -- Aquinas Church..

I stopped over for lunch at the market area and on to the next church -- National Shrine of St. Jude Thaddeus..

Fourth stop -- Abbey of Our Lady of Montserrat..

Fifth stop -- Minor Basilica of San Sebastian..

Now off to the an historical place in Manila, Intramuros..

Sixth stop -- Basilica of the Immaculate Concepcion of Manila (Manila Cathedral).. Too bad, the cathedral is still closed due to renovations.

Seventh and final stop -- San Agustin Church..

Ended my day with the sense of fulfillment that I was able to do my yearly deed even by myself. More photos of that day can be found HERE..

You Might Also Like

0 comments